Fibromyalgia is a condition that leads to chronic pain all over the body. This condition does not have a known cure and is often managed by patients. Besides chronic pain, it also manifests in other symptoms, such as fatigue, sleeping problems, and cognitive disturbances.
Researchers are now looking at CBD as a possible remedy that can be used by patients who suffer from fibromyalgia. Since studies have already indicated that CBD may be useful in the management of pain conditions, researchers are trying to use it in the management of fibromyalgia. Many patients with this condition are already using CBD.
The treatment of fibromyalgia using CBD mainly tries to reduce the symptoms I have outlined in this post. If you are suffering from this condition, keep reading to learn more about the best CBD oils for Fibromyalgia.
Top 5 Brands of CBD for Fibromyalgia
The many brands selling quality CBD products out there can be quite confusing. Even more confusing is the wide range of brands that sell shoddy CBD products. On this list of the top brands, we look at CBD oils that meet the highest quality standards and can be used for the management of fibromyalgia.
The top-quality CBD oils for fibromyalgia are:
- Genesis CBD Pain Cream
- Lazarus High Potency CBD Tincture
- Social CBD Rest Body Lotion
- Lord Jones Royal Oil
- Hemp Bomb CBD Lotion
The high potencies of these CBD products make them stand out from most. Further, we also considered the overall quality of the product and the absence of intoxicating substances.
Genesis CBD Pain Cream
The number two spot on my list of the best CBD oils for fibromyalgia is claimed by the CBD Genesis Pain Cream. The cream comes in two potencies, with the 2-ounce bottle having 250mg and 500mg potencies. Although this product is seen as of low potency, it has been found to be quite effective by users.
This product does not have many flavors; however, it is quite effective when applied in the right manner. Additionally, the manufacturer warns against applying it multiple times. Moreover, being a full-spectrum CBD extract, it is the most effective even when it is not used with other additives.
- High-quality full-spectrum CBD produced in America
- Comes in varied potencies, the 250 and 500mhg options
- The product has been tested for quality by third-party labs
- Does not have different flavors
- Does not have broad or isolated CBD options
- The products are of relatively low potencies
Lazarus High Potency CBD Tincture
Lazarus High Potency CBD Tincture truly represents its name. It is one of the CBD oils with a high potency of up to 3000 mg per 60 ml bottle. The company also has an option for 6000mg per 120 ml bottle, which can be used by those who need larger volumes.
In most cases, Lazarus High Potency CBD Tincture users opt for the smaller unit with a potency of 750mg per 15 ml bottle. All these products can directly be purchased from their online store. The manufacturer cautions against taking multiple doses since it takes some time to feel the effects.
- Available in multiple potencies, with the smaller potency of 750mg per 15 ml bottle being the most affordable
- Full-spectrum CBD produced in America
- Tested by third-party labs
- They only have the full-spectrum option
Social CBD Rest Body Lotion
The Social CBD Rest Body lotion is a CBD cream for external application that contains a quality full-spectrum extract. The product is packaged in a 355 ml bottle with a potency of 300mg. It is available for purchase online at an affordable price. This product is commonly used to manage pain through external applications.
The design of the lotion intended it to be a therapeutic product that promotes sleep. As sleep disturbances are one of the symptoms of fibromyalgia, patients have been using the lotion. They massage it into the joints and other painful areas of their body.
- High-quality full-spectrum CBD oil
- Produced in America
- Undergone third-party lab tests
- Only one potency variance available
- No flavor variances
- Very low potency
Lord Jones Royal Oil
The fourth best CBD oil for fibromyalgia on my list is Lord Jones Royal Oil. The oil has a strong potency of 1000mg per 30 ml bottle. This product is available online and can be purchased from their official store. The product is an all-purpose broad-spectrum oil that does not contain flavors or color additives.
Due to its effectiveness in the management of fibromyalgia, this product is among the highest-ranking in overall reviews. The product is also easy to use since it can be applied externally or ingested.
- High-quality broad-spectrum CBD
- Made in America
- No THC traces
- Available in high potency of 1000mg for 230 ml bottle
- Does not have many variances in terms of potencies
- No flavors or colors
Hemp Bomb CBD Lotion
The final product on this list is the Hemp Bomb CBD Lotion. The product is an external application location designed to provide luxury hydration. The product comes in 125 mg of premium CBD with other nutrients such as shea butter, mango butter, and marula oil. All these products are effective in nourishing the skin.
Users have hailed this product for its effectiveness in treating fibromyalgia since it helps soothe the body and promote sleep.
- High-quality CBD product produce in America
- Enriched with skin-nourishing ingredients
- Comes with a sweet flavor
- Very low potency
- Contains additives
How Does CBD Oil Help with Fibromyalgia
There is no evidence that CBD can treat fibromyalgia, but studies have provided a link between CBD and fibromyalgia symptoms. As a matter of fact, those who currently use CBD in the management of fibromyalgia target suppression of symptoms rather than treatment. I have found some studies to be enlightening.
Studies that link CBD with fibromyalgia treatment
- A 2018 research review indicated that CBD may be used in the management of pain such as that experienced by fibromyalgia patients. Given that patients experience chronic pain, the study supports the use of CBD as a remedy for the pain.
- A separate 2019 study published by the NCBI found that people who use CBD on a daily basis experience better sleep. People who suffer from fibromyalgia experience anxiety and sleep disturbances and may find help by using CBD.
- Researchers have found that CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system, which is responsible for signaling cells in the body.
With so many people using CBD for pain management, fibromyalgia patients may find CBD quite helpful. Most of the studies that support the use of CBD for fibromyalgia are based on preliminary results. These results are not conclusive but only provide upfront data that can be used for further studies.
Use CBD Oil for Fibromyalgia the Right Way
The administration method of CBD holds significant importance. Although CBD is not an approved drug for fibromyalgia, it is crucial to administer it correctly. One can utilize various forms of CBD. The optimal choice for CBD usage is CBD oil, which individuals can apply externally or ingest.
The procedure to follow when applying CBD oil for fibromyalgia:
- Check expiry date: The first step in the application of CBD is to check the packaging for quality. I find out the available ingredients, expiry date, and other relevant factors before using any CBD product. Ensure that the oil meets the quality you wish to use.
- Shake well: The next step is to shake the bottle well to ensure thorough mixing of the oil before use.
- Hold and drop: The right use involves taking one or two drops of the oil, depending on the potency of the oil used. Hold and drop the oil under your tongue.
- Let it absorb: After dropping, hold the oil under the tongue for about 30 seconds to one minute. This helps the oil get absorbed under the tongue.
The ideal way of using CBD oil for fibromyalgia is orally administering it. However, there are other ways of taking CBD oil. For instance, those suffering from itches and joint pain can apply the oil topically on their bodies. Alternatively, they can administer it through edibles such as gummies.
Finding Your Perfect Dosage
There is no accurate dose of CBD since those who use it use varied doses. As a matter of fact, the CBD dose that works for one person may not be effective for another person. As a result, every CBD user has to find a dose that works for them independently.
You can find your CBD dose through the slow introductory process. In this process, start by taking small amounts of CBD while monitoring the effects. After a while, improve the dose to see if it has better results. Use this process until you find a level where your body is comfortable.
Since people use CBD in the range of 20mg per day to 1500mg per day, start with a very small amount, such as 10mg per day, and keep increasing it step by step.
Full Spectrum vs. Isolate
CBD comes in three main extract options. We have full-spectrum CBD, which is the best type of CBD, broad-spectrum, and isolate CBD. People generally consider full-spectrum as the best option because it extracts without removing terpenes, flavonoids, and other cannabinoids found in hemp.
Indicated studies have shown that CBD works better when extracting it with other components. Although the entourage effect of the compounds is not well understood, it is the way CBD operates.
The difference between full-spectrum and other types of CBD is that:
- Broad-spectrum does not contain any traces of THC, while full-spectrum contains trace amounts of CBD. The CBD is usually below the recommended o.3% for CBD products.
- Isolate CBD does not contain flavonoids, terpenes, or any other cannabinoids. It is the purest extract of CBD and is often used by those who do not prefer other cannabinoids.
Given that CBD works well when used alongside other cannabinoids and nutrients in hemp, most CBD users prefer the full-spectrum option.
Except in cases of misuse or when used by a person whose body does not react well to the product, CBD does not cause severe side effects. Although they are limited, side effects of CBD can occur from time to time.
The common side effects of CBD are:
- Loss of appetite
- Loss of body weight
To avoid experiencing these side effects, I recommend sticking to your normal dosage. The drug should also never be taken alongside drugs for other conditions unless advised by a doctor.
Where to Buy CBD Oil
Online stores provide the easiest way to purchase CBD oil. To avoid being scammed, only purchase online from the official brand website. Additionally, examine the website to check if third-party labs have tested the product.
You can also purchase from local stores. In this case, make sure you check expiry dates and enquire more about the brand behind CBD oil.