Delta-8 THC has psychoactive properties but is less potent than those expressed when Delta-9 THC is used. Both are isomers of THC meaning their atomic properties are different but they essentially have the same chemical formula and structures. Many new users request this cannabinoid due to its mild properties.
Delta 8 THC works by binding itself with endocannabinoid receptors on neurons in the brain. The action then causes a disruption through the nervous system affecting areas in the brain that influence concentration, thinking, memory, perception, pain, and pleasure including locomotion.
In this Delta-8 THC review, I will be looking at how the product makes users feel, and whether or not it may get you as high as a kite. Read more to find out how.
Will Delta 8 Get Me High?
Delta-8 may get you legally high thanks to what many see as a legal loophole. Many users associate THC with psychoactive effects, which is true in a sense. Delta-8 on the other hand has very mild psychotropic effects which, by definition, falls on or below the legal requirement of 0.3% THC in a hemp plant.
Delta-8 is generally recognized as a non-psychoactive drug that is similar in chemical structure to Delta-9 THC, is fairly potent, and may provoke and get you mildly high. Individuals who have used Delta-8 THC may experience this legal high and still maintain their bearing.
Can You Smoke Delta 8?
Delta-8 can be smoked in the form of THC flower. Users who do not want to experience the harsh side effects associated with the use of Delta-9 THC may consider the milder isomer of Delta-8. The intense high associated with Delta-9 may be made manifest through nausea, dryness of mouth, and even psychosis.
Another means with which Delta-8 THC may be smoked is through vaping. This is one of the most popular means by which Delta-8 THC is consumed. Consumers who have reservations about inhaling dry smoke and are aware of the harshness and potential irritation that comes with smoking may vape.
While I have found out that vaping introduces Delta-8 into the bloodstream instantly, the results may not be long-lasting. It also cuts combustion and smoke which is associated with dry Delta-8 THC flowers. Smoking and vaping Delta-8 THC allows users to consume the product gradually without a measured dose.
Is Delta 8 Legal?
The legality of Delta-8 is a conundrum due to the fact that the DEA still classifies it as a Schedule 1 controlled substance. There are many states like California however, that have legalized the use of cannabis and marijuana in the U.S. The FDA still requires the pre-market approval of Delta-8 THC.
The introduction of the 2018 Farm Bill changed the legal landscape in so far as the legality of Delta-8 THC is concerned. Delta-8 THC is legal in the U.S. with the exception of 11 states including Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Arkansas, Delaware, Idaho, Iowa, Mississippi, Montana, Utah, and Rhode Island.
The industry is fairly new to many people. What the Farm Bill did was to elevate the marijuana plant to a legal commercial-scale agricultural crop. This shift in policy has led to various legal interpretations at both the federal and local levels. Click here to learn more about Delta 8 THC and its seed-to-sale traceability is key in establishing what is legal cannabis.
Can I Fly Will Delta 8 THC?
I previously had this concern before boarding a plane. The product is considered perfectly safe to carry and transport via the plane. According to guidelines issued by the TSA consumers who use Delta-8 THC may transport them as long as the products meet the required legal levels at 0.3 percent on a weight basis. This should be dry weight.
If you are one of those users who have valid concerns flying with CBD or THC products that meet the legal requirements and are afraid of being patted down, you may want to rest easy. The product is perfectly safe for flying.
The TSA made a historic amendment by adjusting its policies to accommodate and allow CBD extracted from legal marijuana on all international and domestic flights. This is as long as the products are produced within guidelines and regulations stipulated and provided under the Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018.
Benefits of Delta-8 THC
There are a lot of anecdotal reports and clinical research on the benefits of Delta-8 THC. Due to the mild nature of effects, customers may expect to experience a host of benefits.
These benefits include the following:
Suppression of Nausea
Delta-8 THC exhibits anti-emetic properties meaning that they are able to reduce incidences of nausea. Some studies suggest that it may be used by cancer patients in the post-treatment of chemotherapy by suppressing nausea in them.
Alleviation of Anxiety
Delta-8 THC may be used to lessen anxiety without being exposed to dangers posed by more potent variations like Delta-9 THC. You may experience a more calm and relaxed high.
Cannabinoid research on the properties of THC in the management of pain suggests that the compound may produce pain-relieving effects when used. Their effects on the cannabinoid receptors in the brain are the subject of many studies.
Delta-8 THC may cause the munchies. This is according to a 2004 study investigating the effects of THC as an appetite stimulant done on sabra mice. Its use has gained currency in patients undergoing treatment for the loss of appetite.
To understand the gravity and seriousness with which Delta-8 THC is taken in the scientific community, users of THC have only to look at the interest by the National Cancer Institute on studies that suggest that Delta-8 may potentially have tumor repression properties. There is a lot of ongoing research in the area.
I bet the interest taken within the scientific community in the near future may open new frontiers that can lead to the deeper understanding of a compound that was once proscribed as illegal and is still classified as a controlled substance.
How Can I Take Delta-8
Delta-8 may be taken in various forms. These variations make consumption easy and consumers can pick their preferences and establish relevant dosages based on the derived effects.
The following are some of the ways that Delta-8 may be consumed:
- Edibles: Including gummies that are infused with Delta-8. These gummies can be chewed and they come in many different flavors. What these flavors do is cut the bitter taste associated with Delta-8. The effects usually take time to kick in.
- Delta-8 THC Flower: These are made when Delta-8 distillates are sprayed on cannabis flowers. These flowers may be used through vaping, smoking, and even cooked together with food e.g. brownies and cookies.
- Tinctures: Delta-8 oil tinctures may be taken sublingually by placing drops of the oil under your tongue. This method, like vaping, delivers THC into the bloodstream within a short time and the effects tend to last longer than the two former methods.
- Delta-8 Topicals: These are applied topically on the skin or rubbed on the part of the body where the pain is experienced. Topicals are available in creams, lip balms, and salves for application on the body. The only work on the part applied.
- Cooking with Food: Delta-8 oils may be mixed with food during the preparation of meals. The most common way of cooking it is through baking. Cookies are good bases to hold the THC.
What is The Acceptable Dose of Delta-8?
You are advised to begin with very low Delta-8 doses as you progress upwards. The endocannabinoid system may suffer from an overload of THC in the event that consumers exceed their usual doses. THC may increase what is commonly known as munchies or overall food consumption.
Certain factors may determine the overall dosage an individual may take. These include the weight of an individual, whether one is healthy or currently taking medication, and other factors that a personal physician or doctor may help determine. People’s sensitivities are different and the effects may vary from one person to another.
Delta-8 doses are measured in milligram strength. Beginners with low tolerance may use between 5mg-15mg per use. Intermediate Delta-8 THC dosing graduates to 15mg-45mg per dose and last but not least high tolerance users may range between 45mg-150mg per use. This principle may apply to other Delta-8 THC products.
Does Delta-8 have Side Effects?
The effects derived from the use of Delta-8 THC vary between 50%-65% of Delta-9 THC comparatively. The negative effects associated with Delta-9 may lead to paranoia, dryness of the mouth, and anxiety.
With that said, here are some of the side effects that may be experienced out of the use of Delta 8 THC:
- Psychoactive Effects: Even though Delta-8 is a mild isomer, it still remains a psychoactive compound. When consumed in large quantities, a high will definitely kick in, and learn more here about its legal status in the US.
- Fatigue: Fatigue may also be the result of taking Delta-8 THC. These side effects come after the effects wear off.
- Dehydration: Dryness of the mouth is a side effect caused by the use of THC.
- Anxiety: Large doses may cause some users to experience psychoactive effects which may manifest in users becoming anxious.
- Imbalance of Motor Skills: It’s incumbent upon anyone taking THC to be aware of the potential effects that may arise out of its use. It may impair your motor skills and ability to coordinate and operate a motor vehicle.
- Impaired Physical Coordination: THC may temporarily affect cognition and physical abilities causing the user to lose focus at work. You may do well to take it past working hours.
- Euphoria and Giddiness: Whereas feeling too happy may not be a bad thing, one of the minor psychoactive effects of Delta-8 THC may manifest in some consumers being too giggly and euphoric.
- Failed Drug Test: THC may show up in drug tests. Urine tests are designed to look for metabolites of THC so individuals who use Delta-8 THC may keep off from the use of it until the scheduled drug tests are done.
In order to avoid the ramifications posed by using Delta-8 THC consumers of the product are advised to stick to low doses and not to overuse the THC products. Consumers ought to consult their primary healthcare givers before embarking on a Delta-8 THC regime.
Purchasing Delta-8 THC
When considering the purchase of Delta-8 THC, the place to look at is CBD Genesis. Consumers need an authoritative supplier with credibility in the CBD industry and have a proven track record of diligent service to its customers.
To get the best Delta-8 THC products, Click here. Being a part of this efficient and responsive customer service team, I can vouch for this company as the owner. Any CBD vendor worth their money will have a cart that has the best selection of products similar to that of CBD Genesis.